The Extremely Capable, Totally Expandable Wanderbox - Starting at $299,999
Introducing the Outpost 29 4×4 Basecamp Edition, a $300,000 entry-level Wanderbox that makes it possible for anyone to get out and enjoy the great outdoors in a no-compromise, luxurious-yet-capable off-grid adventure machine.
The Basecamp Edition is 100% Wanderbox, from its beefy 35″ to 41″on/off-highway tires and 16″-20″ ground clearance to its massive 1,600-2,000 watt rooftop solar array…just reconfigured into a lower-cost base unit that lets you add JUST the components you want to make it YOUR Wanderbox! Basecamp uses the same rugged modular adventure vehicle platform as the rest of the Outpost 4×4 lineup and lets you dial in exactly the configuration you want, from one massive 6kWh LiFePO lithium battery to up to four (24kWh) LiFePO lithium batteries, 70 to 140 gallons of fresh water, four different toilet options, plus dozens of other options and add-ons to choose from.
With Basecamp, we stayed true to our commitment to quality, capability, comfort, and connectivity with an extremely configurable, no-compromise unit at a ground-breaking low starting price for an adventure vehicle in our class. No other adventure truck brand provides this level of capability and expandability at a starting price this affordable. The options and add-ons are too many to list, but check out the Basecamp Edition configuration worksheet to see the everything available.
If you dream of getting out on the backroads beyond the masses in the RV parks, going hiking, fishing, or climbing, or exploring nature with the kids for a weekend or weeks at a time, Basecamp opens up a whole new set of options for affordable adventure travel. With available financing terms of up to 20 years and our 10-year structural and lamination warranty and extended warranty options, you can enjoy your Wanderbox without breaking the bank and with peace of mind for years to come.
Not Your Everyday Super-C
With 4×4, up to 20″ clearance, R15+ 4-season construction and a huge list of amenities, the Wanderbox Basecamp Edition sets a new standard for $300K Super Cs.
Our goal with Basecamp Edition was to make a very affordable 4×4 adventure vehicle that’s price-competitive with the Super-C offerings of large, mass-produced brands while still maintaining the capabilities, comfort, and quality that Wanderbox is known for, all while being highly configurable from our low-end to high-end models. We achieved the $299K starting price goal without sacrificing the ability to Go Out Farther and Stay Out Longer and still offer a massive menu of options that ensures you can have the Wanderbox that fits your lifestyle.
The floorplan of the Basecamp Edition with the F-550 Lariat crew cab chassis that seats and sleeps four.
Features and Options
- Suspension, wheels & tires, bumpers & fenders
- Winches, light bars and steps
- Auxiliary diesel tank
- Seating and beds
- Wall/flooring/ceiling material and colors
- Countertops and cabinet/drawers
- Windows, doors and hatches
- Kitchen sink, fridge, cooktop and other appliances
- Bathroom with 32″x32″ shower and four different toilets
- High-end 24-volt marine grade electrical system with touchscreen(s)
- 6kWh to 24kWh LiFePO lithium battery bank and 1,600-2,000W solar
- Alternator-based charging with truck autostart instead of generator
- High efficiency 9-18K BTU DC air conditioning and 13.5-40K BTU diesel heating
- 70-140 gallons fresh, 70-100 gallons gray, 30-50 gallons black capacity
- Winegard or Starlink internet, satellite HDTV
- 14′ awning, outdoor kitchen and entertainment options
- Electric stowaway bike rack
- Secure storage and security systems
- 200 PSI onboard air system, recovery kit with traction boards